So, no knitting for points this month. So I have a pair of socks going--trying to perfect my knit-to-fit method--and I just finished and sent out my Reducio swap yesterday--and I still have the Epic Shawl of Doom to complete, since it didn't get done for a badge this month and it still needs finishing. And I'll be swatching for next Term's OWL later in the month--but I'm really aiming at that being the only new thing I cast on this month.
I shall fill my time thusly:
- I shall SEW! I have several projects that want working on.
- D1's new comforter/blankets. I've had the fabric for a year now. Seriously. I could at least get one done.
- The corners (and this is hand sewing, as I almost busted my machine trying to do it that way) of a blanket I've been making for ages for River. Sigh.
- The lining of Mary's Christmas stocking
- I shall BE HEALTHY!
- Thanks to OneNeedleKnitting, I found a site called MyFitnessPal.com. It is another diet/weight loss/exercise tracking site. All right: I love SparkPeople. I love the SparkPoints; I love the trophies; I love that so many of my friends have found their way there. But their nutrition and exercise tracking tools are hard to use. So here's the plan:
- I will track my food and exercise on MFP. The mobile app is easy to use and has--get this--a bar code scanner! I can scan about 90% of my food instead of trying to look it up! So easy!
- I will use "quick track" on Spark People to keep track of fruits and veggies and exercise (I get SparkPoints for minutes tracked, but I get to eat more on MFP for exercise tracked, so I will do both. It's not that hard).
- I will re-vamp the House Cup SparkTeam to make it a little more user friendly and encouraging. More challenges!!! Hooray!
- I will continue to walk or do some other kind of exercise at least 5 times a week.
- I will continue to track my food.
- I shall conquer Lego Harry Potter!
- After the boy goes to bed
- I have my own copy for the DSi hidden carefully away. Someday I shall also play it on the Wii... but I won't hold my breath. April I will play a little LHP every night. I've already finished the first Year, but I still have a lot of stuff I can go back and get after I gain more spells.
- I shall READ
- The Hunger Games. So good!
- The Spark. I'm finding it much more interesting and empowering than I thought I would.
- Catching Fire (book 2 of the Hunger Games cycle. I will move on to book three if I have time).
So that's the plan! I like plans. But not much actual knitting will happen this month. Still, wanna see what I did last month?