Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Knitting break??? WHAT???

Well, you don't think I'm gong to completely stop knitting, do you?  But it's the April Holidays in the House Cup.  We're still a couple of days out from knowing who won.  Professors are still calculating Bonus Points, Things are being discussed, and a ton of off-month activities have been posted (including the silliest April Fool's Joke ever.  Really, awesomely epic, and included a manatee in a space suit.  How could you go wrong, right?)

So, no knitting for points this month.  So I have a pair of socks going--trying to perfect my knit-to-fit method--and I just finished and sent out my Reducio swap yesterday--and I still have the Epic Shawl of Doom to complete, since it didn't get done for a badge this month and it still needs finishing.  And I'll be swatching for next Term's OWL later in the month--but I'm really aiming at that being the only new thing I cast on this month.

I shall fill my time thusly:


  • I shall SEW!  I have several projects that want working on.
    • D1's new comforter/blankets.  I've had the fabric for a year now.  Seriously.  I could at least get one done.
    • The corners (and this is hand sewing, as I almost busted my machine trying to do it that way) of a blanket I've been making for ages for River.  Sigh.  
    • The lining of Mary's Christmas stocking
  • I shall BE HEALTHY!
    • Thanks to OneNeedleKnitting, I found a site called MyFitnessPal.com.  It is another diet/weight loss/exercise tracking site.  All right: I love SparkPeople.  I love the SparkPoints; I love the trophies; I love that so many of my friends have found their way there.  But their nutrition and exercise tracking tools are hard to use.  So here's the plan:
      • I will track my food and exercise on MFP.  The mobile app is easy to use and has--get this--a bar code scanner! I can scan about 90% of my food instead of trying to look it up!  So easy!
      • I will use "quick track" on Spark People to keep track of fruits and veggies and exercise (I get SparkPoints for minutes tracked, but I get to eat more on MFP for exercise tracked, so I will do both.  It's not that hard).
      • I will re-vamp the House Cup SparkTeam to make it a little more user friendly and encouraging.  More challenges!!! Hooray!
    • I will continue to walk or do some other kind of exercise at least 5 times a week.
    • I will continue to track my food.
  • I shall conquer Lego Harry Potter!
    • After the boy goes to bed
    • I have my own copy for the DSi hidden carefully away.  Someday I shall also play it on the Wii... but I won't hold my breath.  April I will play a little LHP every night.  I've already finished the first Year, but I still have a lot of stuff I can go back and get after I gain more spells.
  • I shall READ
    • The Hunger Games.  So good!
    • The Spark.  I'm finding it much more interesting and empowering than I thought I would.
    • Catching Fire (book 2 of the Hunger Games cycle.  I will move on to book three if I have time).
So that's the plan!  I like plans.  But not much actual knitting will happen this month.  Still, wanna see what I did last month?






2 comments: